Gearing up for Agyeya Centenary celebrations

February 10, Friday: Since Monday I was busy in the office preparing for the Agyeya 100th Birth Centenary Celebrations in Kolkata slated for February 21st to 23rd 2012.
With Srijeet, Mithun da, Ananya and Gargi
The Vice President of India, Hon'ble Mohammad Hamid Ansari ji has kindly consented to be the Chief Guest and I have also invited about 50 scholars and literary personalities and senior journalists from across the country to attend the three-day event.
For organising this kind of events, the desk work is very important and that is what kept me occupied for the last five days. 
With Indrani and Malabika
Amid all this work, I hosted a dinner on the request of my friend Dr Suman Ghosh who is the Director of the film Nobel Chor scheduled for release on February 17, 2012. 
I hosted this dinner as Mithun da, the main character of the film, was also in town.
The film story is based on the Nobel Prize theft. The dinner was hosted at the ITC Sonar poolside. My other friends from the film fraternity also attended the dinner.
As the film had something to do with Tagore, it also gave me an opportunity to display my personal collection on Tagore family like a painting of Tagore by Jamini Roy, hand-written letter by Tagore to his daughter Neeru and a pair of sketches by Gagendranath Tagore.
I have also arranged for copies of Gitanjali for the guests.
My friend, Victor Banerjee, gifted me a hand written poetry of Tagore which I also put on display.

ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts