National Award function

Saturday, May 5, 2012: I went to Vigyan Bhavan on the evening of May 3rd to attend the National Award function. Bengal had a good presence in the National Award function this year.
On the 3rd morning I had spoken to Soumitra Chatterjee, Roopa Ganguly, Rana Sarkar and others and congratulated them. They were all in Delhi from 2nd of May, 2012.
I also attended the dinner at the residence of Ambika Soni, the current minister-in-charge of Information & Broadcasting and also met other senior political politicians from Delhi, including the Home Minister, P Chidambaram, Congress Party spokesperson, Manish Tiwari who were there at the dinner. I chatted with Rohini Hattangadi for a while.
Before going to Ambika Soni’s residence I had a chance meeting with Vidya Balan at the Taj Mansingh lobby. I thanked her for accepting my invitation to be in Kolkata on May 30th evening for an Award that was instituted by my mother Late Dr Prabha Khaitan.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts