A hectic itinerary ahead

January 10, 2013: Yesterday I couldn't attend the Cocktails & Dinner at The Park Hotel hosted by Priti Paul to celebrate the Apeejay Kolkata Literary Festival 2013.
However, I was there in the morning to attend the inauguration of Maya MahalAn Enchanted Look at Hindi Cinema through the Priya Paul Collection in the presence of eminent personalities at 11 am. Priti was not there during the exhibition but Karan Paul was present.
I really liked their collection (picture). I had not heard the names of some of the movies shown on the posters.
The December-January season is always very hectic. In fact, I missed the 1st painting exhibition Pratibha by members of the Kolkata Police at the ICCR Gallery at Ho-Chi-Minh Sarani on January 7 at 5 pm. I had conceived this idea along with the Kolkata Commissioner of Police few months back. I am glad that, though a little late, it finally happened. I shall try and drop in during one of these days as the exhibition is still on.
Besides the inauguration of Maya Mahal, marking 100 Years of Indian Cinema, there is another function on Sunday, January 13, in which Shri B K Birla and Smt Sarala Birla would be releasing a souvenir and where the songs of Hindi films would be presented.
I shall leave town again on January 15 and have already sent my regrets to an invitation for an event in which Usha Uthup and Carlyta Maria Mouhini would be in conversation with Renu Roy at Roxy, The Park, on January 18. Another regret letter I have sent to Imran Farah Zaki who had invited me to their 19th wedding anniversary on January 15.
Hectic schedule awaits me from next week and I am left with no alternative but to shoot of regret letters with no other choice.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts