Food events and other functions

January 12, 2013: On Thursday evening had a short meeting at the ITC Sonar Bangla as I am firming up plans for a new series with them in association with the The Telegraph.
After the ITC meeting I attended the Calcutta Times Food & Nightlife Awards 2013. The Chief Guest, Mithun Chakraborty, released the book on Times Food & Nightlife of Kolkata. In the last couple of years I had given a miss to this important event in Kolkata’s social calendar.
I, along with Dolly Basu and Film Director, Raj Chakraborty, presented an award to the ITC Sonar Bangla West View Restaurant and also to Rubi's Grill for the Best European Continental food respectively.
On January 4 2013 I was in Jaipur to give away the award for the same Times Food & Nightlife Awards at the Amer ballroom and Amer lawns at the Le Meridien, Jaipur.
In Jaipur, as well in Kolkata, I presented the award to ITC restaurants only. ITC Rajputana, Jaipur, bagged the best restaurant award for Rajasthani cuisine. I don’t know if that was as per a plan by the organizers or was it sequenced that way
When in Jaipur, ITC Rajputana is my address. Naturally, I was more than glad to given the award to them. Similarly, in Kolkata, whenever I am in city, I visit ITC Sonar Bangla almost daily and also any function that is held there. I am very much at ease with them.
In Kolkata, the Apeejay Kolkata Literary Festival 2013 is on. I have not attended any of the sessions yet. In fact, this evening also I have a packed schedule. I have committed to attend a Musical Evening at the Science City Main Auditorium, Kolkata, organized by Hemant Kanoria of SREI, Chrome Hotel and Meenu and Ramesh Juneja to celebrate baby Riaan and Anisha’s first lohri.
Sunday January 13 evening also seems to be full of engagements. Apart from a private dinner, I have committed to be at the Royal Calcutta Golf Club to attend ABP’s annual film quiz. After that, there is no way I can miss Nabaneeta Dev Sen’s 75th Birthday party at the Tollygunge Club. She is not only the President of one of my organizations but also our mentor.
I don’t think I will be able to go to Rahul Sharma’s performance but shall try to go for the derby tomorrow afternoon.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts