At the Wellesley Suite

Bangalore, March 29: I arrived in Bangalore yesterday evening and checked into my favourite hotel, Windsor Manor of the ITC Group. This time I am staying at the Lord Wellesly suite as the suites which I prefer here were all occupied. The Lord Wellesly suite doesn’t open into any lawn and neither do the windows provide any sight of the first floor party terrace of the hotel.
In fact, the early morning din of the train engine is so audible that one can do without alarm.
Yesterday I had dinner at the Royal Afghan restaurant of Windsor Manor. I actually prefer the preparation of dal here more than that of Maurya’s Bukhara. I had written earlier that similar food in Peshawari of Rajputana and Royal Afghan in Windsor is better than that of Bukhara. But somehow, Bukhara is more talked about, which, I think, is pure hype.
Today afternoon I went to the Janardhan Hotel Cafe. It is a 40-year-old hotel which is always buzzing and full because of its prime location and moderate price. The Hotel has a restaurant cafe at the ground floor which is very famous for its south Indian dosa and other dishes. If you happen to visit Bangalore and like south Indian filter coffee and don’t mind a modest ambience, this is the place for you.
This evening I am scheduled to dine at the Masala Klub of Taj West End property. I shall leave for Jaipur tomorrow afternoon.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts