Tete-a-Tea with Sonu Nigam and Gulzar

With Sonu Nigam
April 1, 2014: Last week end was pretty strenous. On Friday (March 28) I organized another of the Tete-a-Tea series with Sonu Nigam and Bickram Ghosh. 
I had initiated this Tete-a-Tea series in which a celebs from different walks of life come and interact with a select group of guests. The celeb is engaged by a person from his or her field in a conversation.
This time Bickram Ghosh was in conversation with singer Sonu Nigam. 

With Jaya Seal, Sonu Nigam, Bickram, Rupam Islam and Debjyoti
I met Sonu Nigam for the first time in person. Earlier, I did speak to him a couple of times over phone.
This time we had the event at Hotel Hyatt Regency. The fact is that I haven't organized any event in Hyatt for many years.
Thanks to the new General Manager, Britta Leick-Milde, for helping me to break this jinx and doing a very good job in organizing the event. Bickram Ghosh and Sonu Nigam recently worked together in the film Jal which has been shot in the Rann of Kutch and has a touch of Rajasthani music as well. 
With Gulzar sahab
This is the first time that the duo Sonu Nigam and Bickram Ghosh have come together give music to a Bollywood film. Jal is slated for relase on April 4, 2014.
On Saturday evening I hosted a dinner for Gulzar Sahab. Gulzar Sahab visited Kolkata after a long time to participate in an event organized by an NGO - Nutan Alo. Over the last couple of years, many of my friends had approached me saying that it was their utmost desire to meet Gulzar Sahab in person. So I hosted a dinner for a few select friends like Mr and Mrs Atri Bhattacharya, Roopa Ganguly and others.
The Taj Bengal was full, but still the hotel was kind enough to accommodate my request and arrange for a dinner at the Poolside. While all the newspapers reported a 40⁰ temperature in city, much to our surprise, the Taj poolside never made us feel so.
In the evening, I missed the soft launch of Bombay Brasserie and The Irish House but attended the play “The Scent of a Man” which is a Ashvin Gidwani Production and Ashwin himself has donned the director's hat for the first time. It was an initiative of Calcutta Alipore Round Table 12 in association with the t2. I was invited by my college friend Mahesh Punjabi and I was happy to associate myself with this charitable organisation.
I am thinking of leaving for Delhi tomorrow few events are scheduled.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts