In a new hotel in New York

April 22, 2014: I landed in New York today afternoon. The weather seems colder than what I was expecting in the month of April. This time, the United States has had one of the severest winters in recent memory as widely reported in the media.
Perhaps for the first time during my US visit I am not staying in an around United Nations office area or, to be more specific, in the Millenium Hotel. This time I opted for 310-room hotel called, Staybridge Suites, which is on the 340 West 40th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenue, at the Times Square, and is managed by an intercontinental group of hotels.
I am not an apartment person who needs kitchen, dish washer, etc. The reason I opted for this studio apartment suite is because it belongs to the Mehta family who had shown me this property during my last visit to New York and also because it is located in Times Square, which, with its streets and avenues, gives a different feel of New York. 
With Vikram Sampath
Also, I love to going out on these streets and avenues.
In the evening, after settling in at the hotel, I went to Belanita - an Italian outlet - for a quick dinner.
Before leaving Kolkata on April 21st evening, in the afternoon, I attended another session of Author's Afternoon with Vikram Sampath.
With Harsh Neotia
On the way from Kolkata to Dubai, met Madhu and Harsh Neotia, who were also on the same flight to the US. 
With Madhu Neotia
In fact, when I had met them at Suvaprasanna's Arts Acre Foundation, they had mentioned that they would also be flying in the same flight.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts