The Hindi hearts of New York

Outside New York University
April 30, New York: True to the weather forecast, it has been raining incessantly since morning. I am at the WFUNA office. I had a luncheon meeting with Ramu Damodaran who is the Deputy Director, Department of Public Information in UNO.
Speaking at the New York University
Monday and Tuesday there was dinner with UN and UNA officials. From today my official business work in New York is almost finished and I can have time for my self.
The experience at the New York University and the International Hindi Conference, American (Regional) 2014, was very good. 
I was surprised to hear Prof Gabriela Nik Ilieva of NYU speak in flawless Hindi. 
Receiving a certificate of appreciation from Prof Gabriela Nik Ilieva of New York University, also present Dnyaneshwar M Mulay, Indian Consul General
I remembered my visit to the Moscow State University of International Affairs in May 2010 where I was, similarly, surprised to hear the Russian students and their command over the Hindi language.
I also met Richard S Delacy who is from Australia and teaches Hindi at the Harvard University.
I was also quite impressed with the thoughts of few of the speakers at the Hindi Conference whose views and statistics, if correct, was an eye opener, especially of Dr Ved P Chaudhry who is the president of Educators Society for Heritage of India. I have requested him to send me the text of his speech.
It was good to meet many scholars of North American universities during conference.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts