At the LSG session with Ratan Tata

6 August, 2014: Today evening I attended an interactive session with India's leading entrepreneur and Chairman emeritus of Tata Group, Ratan Tata, which was organized by the Ladies' Study Group (LSG) of Kolkata at the ITC Sonar. The session was preceded by tea around 5:15 pm and the actual session started at 6 pm.
It was a very illuminating experience to hear from one of India's iconic businessman about his views and experiences. No one could have missed Ratan Tata's views about West Bengal when he said that he saw some real estate or commercial buildings in Rajarhat while on his way from the airport, but no industries or projects.
Mr Tata was in Kolkata after two years to address a forum. Mr Tata praised the work of Narendra Modi responding to various queries.
I thank the Ladies Study Group for inviting me and especially, Mallika Verma, the ex President who ensured a good seat for me.
After saying hello to Mr Tata I went to hotel Hyatt Regency where there was another book related event on motivating others, followed by dinner. Thank god my car was at rear gate of ITC Sonar and that saved me from the traffic jam that ensued after all 500 guests took off to leave the hotel at the same time.
Late at night, I concluded a private meeting at Alipore and returned home just a while back.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts