In Delhi, ideating new events

12 August, 2014, Delhi: On Sunday afternoon I landed in Delhi from Jaipur and went to the India International Centre (IIC) for a luncheon meeting with a former minister & Member of Parliament.
From there, I went to hotel ITC Sheraton at Saket to attend the launch of Dr Kalyan Ray's book No Country that was held there. I met Sharmila Tagore who informed me about her schedule and couple of visits for Kolkata in September.
Yesterday (Monday) I had quite a few meetings during the day and then in the evening had a dinner meeting with Ashok Vajpayee ji and Om Thanvi ji. We discussed the possibilities of a few new initiatives which we may start in Rajasthan or Kolkata. One of these would be on the lines of the Authors' Afternoon series but in Hindi and in collaboration with Jansatta - the Hindi daily newspaper of Indian Express Group and Vatsal Nidhi a very renowned Trust - formed by Agyeya in Kolkata in 1982 when he received the Jnanpith Award. At present Dr Karan Singh is serving as the President of Vatsal Nidhi.
Tomorrow I have a meeting in Parliament and if concludes on time, I will take the afternoon flight to Jaipur.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts