Back to Kolkata's cultural circle

With Gargi Roy Chowdhury at the music release of Buno Haansh
August 1, 2014: I am back from overseas trip to my routine in Kolkata, attending social events and hosting dinners after a spell. It is like coming back to the city's cultural circle.
With June Maliah and Arindam Sil
Wednesday (30 July) evening, I dropped by at the Park Hotel banquets to attend the Eid-ul-Fitr get-together hosted by Imran Zaki and Jasjit Singh. It was an excellent mix of religious leaders, senior educationists, diplomats and industrialists. 
With Jasjit Singh and Imran Zaki
I understand how difficult it is to get all of them on the same evening. I heard that, later in the evening, bureaucrats and the art fraternity had also joined in. Good show Imran.
Same evening later, I hosted a small dinner for a few German friends in the city.
Yesterday I went to the music release of Toni’s new film Buno Haansh at The Oberoi Grand and later in the evening also hosted a small dinner at home. 
With Tanusree Chakraborty
I thought that from The Oberoi I'd drop in at the Quest Mall where the opening of the new TUMI boutique was on. But I couldn't because of the traffic. Had I had stretched myself I would have been late for my residence for the dinner party.
This morning went to Lal Bazar Police Station for a meeting with the Commissioner of Police and other Police officials regarding Pronam and some other future events.
With Anupam Roy
Today evening I will go to the Taj Bengal to attend the celebration of Switzerland National Day hosted by the Honorary Consul of Switzerland Mr Umesh Chowdhary and Mrs Rashmi Chowdhary.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts