Meetings with ministers in Delhi

New Delhi, December 3, 2014: I reached Delhi on Monday evening as the flight got delayed. After a long time I checked in at the Hyatt Regency. The last time I was here in end of 2010, which was my first time, when Timothy Bruce was the General Manager.
On Tuesday morning I met two newspaper editor friends of mine over breakfast and lunch respectively. In the evening I went to the Tourism Ministry at the Transport Bhawan to meet Dr Mahesh Sharma who is current the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Culture and Tourism. He is also the Minister of State for Civil Aviation. I also met other senior officials too.
In the evening I met Mr Shripad Yesso Naik at his residence who became the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Department of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy), Health and Family Welfare. He was the minister of culture but was given the new portfolio in last month's cabinet reshuffle by the Prime Minister. It was a courtesy visit to him at his residence. I had earlier met him when he was holding the culture portfolio prior to the reshuffle.
Today also number of meetings are lined up and I shall be meeting quite a few cabinet ministers and key functionaries of Rashtriya Swyamsevak Sangh (RSS).
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts