Back from Beawar

February 28, 2015, Jaipur: I came to Jaipur from Beawar yesterday evening. The Beawar trip was quite enjoyable . I had made plans for a 10-day visit to Beawar, Bera and Jodhpur last year as well but could not make it and had to stay back in Kolkata due to heavy work pressure.
I went to Beawar to attend a function hosted by Shree Cement Limited which is an annual affair. Every year the company organizes its two-day annual function on February 25 and 26. I have close family relationship with the company and I always try to make it to their annual function.
This time singer Arijit Singh was there and performed for over two hours. He has a number of hit songs to his credit but I personally feel he isn't much of a stage show artiste, but an excellent singer for the genre he represents.
I drove back to Jaipur on February 27. I had a couple of meetings to attend on Friday evening.
Today, on the way to the airport, I dropped by at the residence of Thakur Surya Pratap Singh and his wife, Suman Singh, for tea. Today is Thakur Surya Pratap Singh’s birthday and since I would not be able to attend his party, I thought of paying him a visit and wish him in person. It is nice of them to extend invitations to me on various occasions but somehow I keep missing them.
Tomorrow evening is again packed with a Holi event at the Taj Terrace and then Iti and Dr Pronab Dasgupta’s 40th Wedding Anniversary bash at their residence and also one of the most popular events in the city’s calendar – the ABP Quiz at the Royal Calcutta Golf Club is also scheduled tomorrow.
I do regret missing the event hosted by Pradeep Khemka, Honorary Consul of Brazil, and his wife Sangita Khemka, although they had sent to me a block-your-date letter well in advance. An enchanting musical soiree by pianist Ms Christine Chareyron from South America was followed by cocktails at their residence.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts