Dinners and comedy show in city

March 16, Kolkata: I returned to Kolkata on Friday the 13th from Jaipur. On Friday morning, I again took the morning flight as I was committed to attend “Dolce Kolkata with David Rocco” cocktails and dinner at the West View Bar & Grill at the invitation of Atul Bhalla, General Manager, ITC Sonar.
With David Rocco
David Rocco is a Canadian actor and producer who is famous for hosting the television series David Rocco's Dolce Vita. He was also the co-creator and host of travel and food series Avventura: Journey in Italian Cuisine.
On Thursday, I had a day long trip to Sujangarh and Salasar in Rajasthan.
I missed Indrani Dasgupta Paul’s cocktail party to celebrate a year of Michael Kors being in Kolkata. I missed out because I had mis-calculated the time. I thought, I would go to the ITC Sonar dinner and leave at 9:30 PM and then drop by at Indrani’s cocktail party at the Quest Mall. But by the time the ITC Sonar dinner party concluded, it was 11:30 PM.
Yesterday (Sunday) was a day for me to relax. On Saturday evening I went to the Birla Sabhaghar to witness the King of Comedy – “Stand Up Comedy” live with Jhonny Lever. I think it was one of the finest live shows that I have seen in recent years in Kolkata as far as comedy is concerned. My compliments to Urvi Nopani for bringing this show to Kolkata.
This week, it seems, again another overseas trip awaits me.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts