Halloween party and other events

November 2, 2015: After the WFUNA meeting in Bangkok, the whole of last week was spent working in the office preparing for my yet another round of overseas travel coming weekend to North America. The weekend was quite hectic and I had to do many things.
On Saturday, October 31, I was not able to attend the Ladies Study Group Charitable Trust Annual Award Ceremony at the Taj Bengal nor was I able to meet my friend K Mohanchandran who was in town from Hyderabad on Friday evening.
With Britta, Shraddha and Dadul at the Halloween party in Hyatt
I, however, managed to go to the Halloween Party at Hyatt Regency and honestly it was the best theme party I have attended in Kolkata. Guests turned up spooky guises – witches, vampires and zombies - stirred up the Halloween spirit. The Halloween carved pumpkins added to it.
The origins of Halloween or `hallowed' or `holy' evening can be traced to the ancient Celtic festival of harvests. Halloween is celebrated in the evening before the Christian feast of All Saint’s Day on November 1.
Hyatt made elaborate arrangements with even the menu also had a spooky aura. Britta Leicke Milde, Hyatt General Manager, was all dressed up like a witch for the party that went on till the wee hours.
With Cmde Ravi Ahluwalia and Lt Gen Praveen Bakshi
I also dropped in to attend the Naval Band Concert at the Lascar Memorial where I met the Chief Guest, Lt Gen Praveen Bakshi, AVSM, VSM, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Command and Vice Admiral Satish Soni PVSM, AVSM, NM, The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command.
Thanks to Cmde Ravi Ahluwalia, Naval Officer-in-charge (West Bengal), for inviting me.
On November 1, I was not able to attend the lunch hosted by Kumudini and Kamal Parekh on forthcoming engagement of Nilangi and Utsav Parekh’s son Saharsh at the Vedic Village. I, however, attended the Cocktails & Dinner of Utsav Parekh at Pala, ITC Sonar, that was quite a gala event and I was quite impressed with the flower décor done by Baisakhi.
I have a very busy week ahead.
Today afternoon I shall fly to Delhi to attend a reception to commemorate United Nations Day at the UN Lawns, New Delhi, hosted by United Nations in India.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts