Memorable Montreal

In Montreal
June 15, 2017, Montreal: Yesterday I took a flight from New York to Montreal and checked in at the Hotel Hyatt Regency
Hotel Hyatt Regency, Montreal
I am back in Montreal almost after 19 months but am again staying the same hotel I stayed the last time. The weather in Montreal, the largest city in Canada’s Quebec province, is quite pleasant in June.
At the Hyatt Regency, Montreal
While in Montreal, I prefer to be at the Hyatt Regency in down town area of Montreal which is considered to be the city’s entertainment district close to Palais des Congrès convention centre. The Hotel is not far from the city’s museums, Place des Arts, Chinatown and other places, including the two subway lines and the underground city.
In Montreal
I have some of my life’s most memorable memories of Montreal where, during my earlier days, I had spent weeks and months with my aunt at her home by the lakeside. 
At the Le Taj restaurant
Another place I never fail to visit while in Montreal is Vinod Kapoor’s restaurant Le Taj. Kapoor had left his native village in Mussoorie in 1985 and moved over to Montreal. This three-decade-old restaurant is one of my favourites. Visiting Le Taj is like home coming for me.
Back in New York
I find that not much has changed in Montreal and I like it that way. I returned to New York today and shall leave for India tomorrow.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts