At the premier of Gorosthane Sabdhan

Mayor Shovan Chatterjee with
Mr Satyam Roy Chowdhury
I attended the premier of Gorosthane Sabdhan at Priya - the Felu da series based on Satyajit Ray's story. Film has been directed by Sandip Ray and my friend Satyam Roy Chowdhury's wife, Mousumi Roy, has produced it.
It was good to see a film after a long time based only on a male character. Apart from the usual crowd at the premier, there were a good presence of not-so-regular movie watchers like Somnath Chatterjee and Mayor Shovan Chatterjee.
Tinu Anand (left)
Met Tinu Anand (Picture) and was surprised to find him speaking in Bengali. After the movie I missed the party at DKS Club and went to attend a wedding reception at the Agri Horticultural Garden.
Earlier in the day, I had a meeting with Neelanjan Chakraborty at Flurys along with Jina Mitra Banik. They both want to start a grooming and personality development workshop in Kolkata as they feel that Kolkata's young generation needs it. But I doubt so?
Somnath da inquired about my future social activities and cultural endeavours.
I also met the Mayor of Kolkata and mentioned to him about our proposal to the KMC to spread awareness against the use and throw of plastic bags.
Sabyasachi Chakraborty
Yesterday I had a meeting with Anandi Ghosh at Flurys on this and told her that the programme committee of The Bengal would be meeting on the 15th at The Conclave to further deliberate and act on the matter.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts