Jaipur sojourn

The whole of last week was so hectic that I could hardly spare time to write and update my blogs.
I arrived in the desert state of Rajasthan on Saturday and drove down Ajmer and Beawar region on Sunday. 
I spent the night at Beawar and attended a musical night performed by Shaan. I think it was one of the best live performances of Bollywood songs I have seen so far.
On Monday I returned to Jaipur and inagurated artist Lakhan Singh's exhibition called `ATHKELIA' (picture).
Later, I attended the Desert Soul series event of Nand Lal Sharma, a versatile and talented ex-journalist of All India Radio (picture)
Quite a number of artists from Jaipur attended the event.
The event Desert Soul is becoming the talk of the town in Jaipur, especially in the Jaipur cultural circuit though it was just the second event of the series.
I also went to the Birla Auditorium in Jaipur to watch a play and then on Wednesday to Hotel Clark Amer for the Jaipur International Fashion Week.
Lalitya Rangsit, the grand daughter of Maharani Gayatri Devi, walked the ramp for designer Aruna Singh. 
I met Kitu Gidwani (picture) there.
The show, which was supposed to start by 7 pm, did not start till 8:30 pm and I had to leave in order to honour a dinner commitment at Rambag.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts