In Rajasthan's Sun City

With Danseuse Sonal Mansingh and Maharaja Gaj Raj Singh at the dinner in Sun City.

July 26, 2012, Jodhpur: This evening I hosted a dinner at the Umaid Palace Hotel in Jodhpur. I am in this Sun City for two reasons. First to meet Mr Vijaydan Detha, who, due to his ill health, could not come to our reception-cum-felicitation function in Jaipur.
With Maharaj Gaj Raj Singh
Earlier this year I had organized this function in which the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Rajasthan Shri Ashok Gehlot had conferred Rajasthan Padmashree Award to Vijaydan Detha – a literary giant whose contribution to Rajasthani literature is immense. Since Mr Detha was bed ridden he could not come to the function. He is still confined to his bed and unable to move out of his home.
Thakur Sundar Singh
So I thought I'd pay him a visit and do the honours of personally felicitating him for his life time achievement and contribution to Rajasthani literature.
My second reason for being in the city is that I am planning a number of art and cultural activities and events in Jaipur and have plans to include Jodhpur to this events circuit.
With Mahendra Detha in white kurta and others
Sun City Jodhpur is the second largest city of Rajasthan after Pink City Jaipur and has all the potential of holding big ticket events and functions. 
So I am collaborating with FICCI Flo on this. This organization has been looking for the right kind of event in Jodhpur and also to open their membership drive in Jodhpur.
Tomorrow is the Prabha Khaitan Memorial Literature series to be presented by danseuse par excellence Sonal Mansingh.

This event would be hold at Hotel Amangarh. I thought since I am in the Sun City I have to meet up with quite a few prominent people of the City who have an abiding interest in cultural activities.
That’s why I hosted a dinner at the Umaid Bhavan Palace and invited the prominent residents of Jodhpur for dinner which was graced by Maharaja Gaj Singh who is popular as Bapji in this region.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts