Wonderful couple

Wednesday, August 22, 2012: I am back in Jaipur again. I arrived here on the morning of August 21st from Udaipur. Yesterday night I went for dinner at Ritu and Jaimini Oberoi’s residence. Ritu and Jaimini are one of the most prominent couples in the Pink City. It was nice of them to organize a dinner for me. They are really a wonderful couple full of charm and grace.
They invited quite a number of people known to me. Among them were Manesha and Ashok Agarwal, Ashok Jagwani, Ajay Chopra, Mita and Rahul Kapur, Jayshree and Rupendra Periwal and others. I had met the couple in Bhutan during the Mountain Echoes Lit Fest and had, in fact, accepted their invitation for a much earlier date, which, somehow, never happened.
I enjoyed the company of Jaimini and Ritu Oberoi immensely as we have many things in common. I was really amazed to see their collection of Maqbool Fida Hussain’s work. Mr Oberoi has a whole set of MF's paintings on different religions.
Tomorrow I leave for Delhi where I have a series of meetings lined up.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts