A surprise award!

Speaking at a function in Taj Bengal
February 8, 2016: Yesterday I was at the Taj Bengal for a get-together over lunch hosted by the Jain Sanskriti Sansad. Normally I avoid public programmes on Sundays but the request from the Jain community was long overdue and it was the only time I could give them to organize the get-together.
To my utter surprise the get-together, in which I was the special guest and where I got to meet eminent individuals from the Jain community and also the leadership of different Jain organisations in the city, turned into an award ceremony.
From L to R with Vinod Duggar, Kamal Singh Rampuria, Santosh Jain, T C Daga, Kamal Duggar and Sardarmal Kankaria
The community felicitated me with the Jain Ratna Award. Normally, I never accept any felicitation and awards but with the on the spot announcement, I could not say decline. As I said in my speech, although I was born in the Jain community there is nothing remarkable I have done for the community. The community leaders requested me to give my time to the community work as well. It felt nice to meet so many people from the community at the same time.
I shall be leaving for Jaipur again on Tuesday for a three day Shree Music Festival as well as to attend the new series I am initiating titled “Aakhar”.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts