Times Awards and Ek Mulakat with Umang Hutheesing


10 March 2018: I am in Rajasthan on personal visit since Feb 28 and tomorrow evening I will return to Kolkata. 
I have been very busy in the social media with my own Twitter (@sundeepbhutoria) and Facebook, so much so that it has affected my blog postings for the past six months. Another reason for not being able to blog regularly has been quantum leap in the number of my own events across different cities of India.
I shall, however, start filling in the blanks in my blog, though belatedly, from now on.
With Srikant Mohta, DJ Akash Rohira and Dev
On February 26 night I once again attended the Times Food and Night Life Awards at the ITC Sonar Bangla in Kolkata. 
Among many friends and acquaintances I met actor Dev and few others at the function after a long time.
With His Excellency Thorir Ibsen, Ambassador of Iceland in India
On Tuesday, February 27, I hosted a lunch at The Taj Bengal in honour of His Excellency, Mr Thorir Ibsen, the Ambassador of Iceland in India. 
I had also invited quite a few directors and producers from Tollywood, namely Toni, Arindam Sil, Suman Mukhopadhyay, Srikant Mohta, Suman Ghosh, Namit Bajoria, Sharad Varma, Gaurav Pandey.
I thought that many directors are on the look out for exotic locales for shooting their films and why not connect with the Ambassador since Iceland has one of the most beautiful locales to offer.
His Excellency showed me a video of Ranthambore on his mobile phone, a subject very close to my heart.
With Umang Hutheesing and Moon Sen at the Ek Mulakat
With Shane Calvert, MLA
Later in the evening I attended a session of Ek Mulakat at the Tollygunge Club with our guest Umang Hutheesing who is a scion from the Hutheesing Royal family in Gujarat and an immensely talented designer who is famous for his concepts that highlight the sartorial heritage of the Rajas and Maharajas of India. Umang was in conversation with Moon Moon Sen and the event was well attended and much appreciated by the invitees.
Though Umang is not very famous a designer in India, he is a big name in the world of International high fashion and has designed dresses and accessories for some of biggest names including Queen of England, Prince Charles and many other heads and members of the Royal families in west Asia and Europe. 
With Priyanka Khanna, Umang Hutheesing, Nilanjanaa and Esha
His works are displayed in eight leading museums of the world. He has done much to popularize Indian couture across the world and in some of the most prestigious fora.
On 13th there is next edition of Ek Mulakat with Nandita Das.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts