Vatican Embassy party and book launch

At the Vatican Embassy party in Delhi
April 7, 2017: In ITC Maurya, Delhi. After almost four months I am posting my blog. The past few months were so hectic and I was into so much of travelling that I could not post my blogs. I had also started my personal twitter @sundeepbhutoria and official twitter @essbeeindia along with FaceBook page @essbeeindia as well.
I landed in Delhi yesterday afternoon and checked into my favourite hotel ITC Maurya. In the evening I attended the 4th Anniversary of the Pontificate His Holiness Pope Francis at a function organized by the Vatican Embassy in Delhi.
I met His Excellency, Giambattista Diquattro, the new Ambassador of Holy See in India, who very recently took up his assignment here. Prior to his New Delhi posting he was in Bolivia. The event was attended by the members of the diplomatic corps in Delhi and other guests.
From there, I went to attend the launch of the book “Swayamsiddha” organized by Vaniprakashan. I was invited by Vaniprakashan and the author Devi Prasad Tripathi, who is also the general secretary of Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) and a Rajya Sabha member. He is also the editor of the quarterly journal Think India. An erudite personality, Sri Tripathi has authored many books and speaks several Indian and foreign languages. He has also delivered lectures in many foreign universities.
His latest book Swayamsiddha is a biography of Sri Sharad Pawar. The event was attended by many eminent personalities including many politicians cutting across party lines. Had a good chat with Pawan Verma, Rahul Bajaj and host Harshvardhan Neotia.
I met quite a few people known to me including Om Thanvi, Ashok Vajpayee at the gathering.
After the event I met up with some friends for a late night coffee.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts