Home food

June 12, 2013: It is 10 pm and I have finished dinner at home. The sister of one of my diplomat friends was supposed to be in town so I had invited him and his sister and a few others from the diplomatic corps to come over to my residence at 7 pm for Indian home food.
With Mr & Mrs Mitsuo Kawaguchi
This was in stark contrast to the recent colourful sit-down dinner that I hosted during the farewell party of Dean R Thompson. 
The guests had actually expressed their desire for Indian home food for a change. It was cool.
Unlike the Indian diplomats and guests, all the guest invitees from France and the United States were bang on time between 7 to 7:15 pm. That is the reason the dinner was over by 9:30 pm. 
It was a cool affair.
Although my friend's sister could not attend the dinner due to some problem in her flight which was delayed and landed in Kolkat well beyond the scheduled hour.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts