At the premiere of C/O Sir

June 29, 2013: Friday evening I was again at Priya Cinema for the premiere of Kaushik's new film C/O Sir. It is for the first in so many years that my stay in Kolkata has stretched over so many Fridays.
At the premier, the usual Tollywood crowd was there but Indranil Sengupta and Raima Sen, who acted in the film, were missing.
I presume both were travelling. I, in fact, reached a little early and Kaushik was at the gate to receive the guests.
The film went on very well till the interval. But post interval it seems to have lost its flow till the end and many questions remained were not fully answered. The was this film ended is quite similar to Vidya Balan's new film Ghanchakkar. Shaswata has yet again proved that he can do justice to whatever roll or character he plays.
I was quite impressed by the design of the invitation card as Shaswata has acted as a blind teacher and wears black sunglasses. The invitation, in line with the theme of the movie, was of black sunglasses made of hard board which is an unique idea.
With Subhashish, Kaushik and Ritwik
I also dropped in at HHI on Thursday evening for the pre-release party of C/O Sir
I met Kamleshwar Mukherjee the first time director of Meghey Dhaka Tara fame.
I had not met him during the premiere of the film.
This evening there is a book launch of professed Wiccan high priest, Ipsita Roy Chakraverti's Spirits I have known at The Mandarin Room of Taj Bengal, Kolkata, at 7.30 pm. Cocktails would be on from 6.30 pm. 
With Kamleshwar Mukherjee
I was very keen to attend this as I have heard a lot about her. I don't think I can manage it today as I may be going out of station.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts