At the Ganesh Talkies premiere

With Moon Moon Sen at the premiere of Ganesh Talkies
June 21, 2013: Today evening I went to Priya Cinema to see the premiere show of Anjan Dutta-directed film Ganesh Talkies. It was nice of him to not only invite me in advance but also to remind me about the premiere over phone. Chandan Roy Sanyal, the hero in the film came down from Mumbai to join the leading lady of the film Raima Sen at the premiere.
The gathering at the premiere show was usual but the film was very different. The storyline of the film is not new but I think for the first time so much of Hindi has been used in a Bengali film. If the film gets the right publicity about this fact then there is no doubt that it can draw many Hindi-speaking audience to the shows.
Just before the start of the premiere, Anjan Dutta took to the stage to introduce the members of his Ganesh Talkies team. Koel Mallick, Jeet, Aparna Sen and husband Kalyan Ray and Gargi Roychowdhury, among others, were there at the premier.
Before the premiere I met Moon Moon Sen and chatted with her for a while. I also fixed up a dinner evening with her and her husband Bharat Dev Varma at my house next week. This was long due.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts