At the House of Lords

St James Hotel, London: I went to attend the award function that was followed by a reception-cum-dinner at the House of Lords.
I have been to the House of Lords many a times before to see the sessions, attend functions and at times to meet some of the members over lunch or tea. But today I was there for a very different reason, I was honoured with the `Special Achiever' Award at the function. The Indian Ambassador to UK, Mr Nalin Suri presented the Award to me (picture) in the presence of MPs, ministers, diplomats and many prominent Indian community members in London. I met Lord Kakkar, Baroness Usha Parisar, Shailesh Vara MP, Priti Patel MP and others.
Today's function was a a follow up of yesterday's Award function at Kent where I was awarded the Pride of India Leadership Award by Baroness Verma (picture). This Award is instituted by the NRI INSTITUTE.
I was overwhelmed. So many people came forward to congratulate me. I was introduced to the guests and the invitees. It was my moment of glory.
Tomorrow I shall fly back to Kolkata.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts