Time Management

My last weekend schedule went haywire. I was supposed to be in Vellore to attend the Vellore Institute of Technology Model United Nations Conference (VITMUN 2010) as a guest and keynote speaker. Accordingly, I had made all my travel arrangements and was ready to fly off to Chennai but some major last minute developments that needed my presence left me with no alternative but to cancel my Vellore trip. 
I am actually having a trying time with time management. So many things keep popping up from different quarters in the eleventh hour taking its toll on my commitments and itinerary.
On Sunday evening, I went to the Birla Sabhaghar to attend a program to mark the 150th Anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore organised by Techno India. Several programs are being held in Kolkata to mark the 150th Anniversary of Tagore.
I was particularly interested in this program because Satyam Roy Chowdhury (file pic) and Tripti Chakraborty were performing at the function. Both of them are well known to me. Though neither of them professional artistes but are nevertheless very talented and gifted performers. It was a great evening with the stage setup elegantly done up. I met singer Babul Supriyo, journalists Gautam Bhattacharya and Kunal Ghosh and other friends.
The song and poetry recital was preceded by a book launch of Ranjan Bandhopadhaya. He was very happy to see me as I was not supposed to be in Kolkata due to the Vellore program. I will miss two more city events next weekend which I want to attend.
The first being the party of theatrist Bratya Basu on 25th of September. Bratya had told me about it and requested my presence more than a month back. Second, there is a play at Kalamandir on the 26th of September for which I have already booked tickets for the choicest seats for me and my friends.
Now it seems that I shall not be in a position to attend either of the functions as I have booked a flight for London on the 24th evening to go there and receive the Pride of India Leadership Award instituted by NRI INSTITUTE.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts