Photography

For the past couple of days I was busy coordinating and monitoring the progress of the forthcoming Pronam programme.
Today I had lunch with the US Consul General in Kolkata, Beth Payne, at my residence. The lunch was long over due and we had fixed up a date for today in advance. Beth is a very down to earth person who also happens to be a good photographer as well.
I think photography is a passion. The vast scope for individual talent, preferences and ideas make it all the more exciting. In fact, some of the rare photographs are very expensive and often surpasses the demand for paintings by renowned artists.
Last Monday, after the formal meeting of The Bengal, renowned artist Jogen Chowdhury (pictures) took the camera of a known photojournalist who was there to cover the post-meeting informal get together, and started taking pictures from different angles. All of us who were there had no idea about Jogen da’s talent in this area.
I have come across many famous personalities who excel in their respective fields or domains and also happen to be very good photographers. Though I get photographed a lot it, however, is not my cup of tea and I hardly have much idea about it.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts