Back to the grind

With winter ebbing away, I came to Kolkata from Delhi on Friday. I could feel the days getting warmer despite the cool morning and evening breeze at the Lodhi Gardens. This time, my duration of stay in Delhi was less compared to the previous years. Had a late lunch with Pauli Dam today and then spent some time in my office. I have known Pauli since the days her movie Kaalbela, directed by Gautam Ghose, was about to be released.  I remember when I picked her up from her residence for one of our charity programmes for the children in North Kolkata, she was nervous about her career and her film. But the film went on to do well and she is all set to emerge as one of the leading stars (picture).
On Saturday, spent much of the day in office sorting mails and returning calls. I felt it would be better to be at home and rest on Sunday.
Tomorrow, I’ll be back to the grind with four meetings scheduled between 9:30 am and 3 pm. At 7 pm is the Board Meeting of The Bengal, of which I am the Honorary General Secretary, at The Conclave.  After this, I have to attend four other programmes having given my consent.
Then there is the dinner hosted by Sahara Sree Subroto Roy at the Taj Terrace followed by another dinner hosted by GoC Bengal Area Major Gen Ravi Dastane and Smita Dastane at his residence to be followed by Jishu’s Birthday celebrations at the Afraa and an engagement ceremony at Ballygunge Park Road. I have given my commitment to all the five programmes and have already apprised my hosts that I would be there for a short while and may be little late. That is the only way to keep my promise and schedule on track. Thanks to my hosts, who I am sure, would understand.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts