Old habits die hard

My family – the Bhutoria family – is still a very orthodox family and probably that is the reason most of them aren’t very fond of me. I spent my childhood in Sujangarh a small town in Rajasthan with the large joint family that was against my decision to journey outside India to London. I thank my biological mother who stood up for me like the Rock of Gibraltar and ensured that I went to London.
After about three months of my stay in London, I shocked my family in India by sending them pictures of mine in hat and suit (picture). I really enjoyed my stay in London and used to walk to Golders Green Station at the Northern Line to get to the  office. At that time, the newspapers at the rail stations were kept on a table without any newspaper seller. Everyone used to pick up the newspapers and leave the money on the table and take the balance. I was very surprised by the honesty of Londoners. That was London then.
I picked up the habit of browsing through the newspapers in the early 90s at the rail stations around London, something that I still do. Well! Old habits die hard.
ess bee 

Comments

Popular Posts