Rain plays spoilsport

Today was an easy day. I spent some time communicating with the Raj Bhavan, some members of The Bengal and Ranjana Gauhar in Delhi regarding the upcoming program on the 5th of April, 2010, in Kolkata.
Today evening I went to Nandan for a pre-screening tea party of Choukath directed by Arindam Sil and produced by his own new production house Nothing Beyond Cinema. Arindam’s new company has successfully produced the tele-serial Bandhu Tomay. At Nandan, I met Tarun Majumdar (picture).
There was a cool breeze in the evening that brought in some respite with promise of rains. I could not stay for the screening as I had promised my wife to take her to the Jagjit Singh evening at the Fort William stadium. My wife and I, we both love ghazals very much and we skipped not only the movie screening but also the Blue Mug play at the Birla Sabhaghar so that we could be at the Jagjit Singh program.
It was drizzling when we started from home and by the time we reached Fort William stadium it was pouring. The program was organised in the open with a stage in the middle. We saw military personnel carrying the sofas and chairs indoors due to the rains. We were left with no options but to return home. I am sure if Arindam heard about this he'd say it served us right for giving his screening a miss.
I was keen to see the play Blue Mug today but missed it and tomorrow I may be in Bangalore and will not be able to see tomorrow's evening show as well.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts