Bangla utsav in London

About a week back I received a letter from Mr Satyam Roy Chowdhury inviting me to attend the Billat Bangla Utsav in London. He requested my consent to be felicitated for promoting art, literature and culture at a function in London. The letter took me by surprise though Satyam had casually mentioned to me about this event in London when he attended a tea party hosted by me at the Taj Bengal to meet activist Gautam Lewis where his documentary was shown (picture).
I thanked Satyam in a letter for considering me for the honour. I also wrote in the letter that I was too young for this honour and hence not comfortable with the idea of being felicitated. But I promised to attend the function as any other invitee on March 21st 2010 at the Harrow Arts Centre, London.
Many of my friends and acquaintances would be attending the Utsav in London including Tony who will be felicitated and Indrani Halder - who would be performing as well.  There would be another Bengali utsavLondon Sharad Utsav (March 19-21, 2010)  - at the Alexandra Palace, London.  Again my good friend Dona Ganguly would be performing in this fete. Usha Uthup, Soumitra Chatterjee and others would also be there. Both the cultural fetes are on my itinerary for which I will be in London.
I am sure the Bengali cultural extravaganza would be an unforgettable affair for the non-resident Bengalis.
Today morning while walking in Lodhi Gardens I met Saugata Roy and Arun Jaitley and in the evening had dinner with family at Hotel Radisson.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts