Oh Kolkata!

The Board meeting of The Bengal was held at The Conclave at 7 pm (picture) in which two proposals were approved. The first proposal approved instituted a Mother Teresa Peace Award to the mark the Blessed Saint’s birth centenary in August 2010 and to confer the Award at a function in Kolkata followed by the screening of a documentary on Mother Teresa by Payal Mohanka. Some deserving names for the Award that have already come up are A P J Abdul Kalam and Nobel Laureate Md Yunus. The second proposal - to promote classical dance - was also approved by the Board. Dona Ganguly and Anandi Ghosh would organise an inter-school classical dance competition.
After the Board meeting concluded, I left for Taj Bengal with Arpita to attend a dinner hosted by Subroto Roy Sahara (picture) and met Sourav Ganguly, Dona, Tanusree, Soumitra Chatterjee, Prosenjit, P K Bannerjee, Biplab Chatterjee, Rachna, Tony and others. While leaving, exchanged greetings with Gautam Mohan Chakraborty, Commissioner of Police, as he was entering the hotel. From Taj Bengal I went to an engagement party at Ballygunge and from there to my home, picked up my wife and we went to Fort William residence of GoC Bengal Area Maj Gen Ravi Dastane for a dinner. The GoC and his wife, Smita Dastane, were very warm and welcoming. Met West Bengal Home Secretary Ardhendu Sen, Sanjay Budhia and others and after excusing ourselves to the hosts for the late entry and early exit, left for Afraa at the City Centre for Jishu’s birthday (picture)
Both Jishu and Nilanjanaa were very happy to see Manjari, who rarely goes to the parties. I felt that I should also do the same to get more attention. After Jishu cut the cake at 11:45 pm, I came back home around midnight. 
At the end of the day, I managed to attend all the invitations and kept my promises. I had only one regret of not being able to attend the charity dinner with M S Dhoni and Chennai Super Kings team hosted by Yudhajit Datta. Though I have never watched a single cricket match in my life, the subject of charity is very close to my heart.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts